New Year's Resolutions

I did not want to make New Year's resolutions this year. Why bother? Last year my resolutions were to lose weight, save money, blah blah blah. All the usual. Here I am without a pot to piss in and ten pounds heavier than I was this time last year. On the first day of the new year, putting away Christmas decorations, cleaning out a closet, and yes, even working, I thought long and hard about what I want to change about myself. I came up with one solid answer: Attitude. I can lose weight, get a second job, make new fascinating friends, and still be miserably unhappy. I have decided (and hereby declare!) that 2010 will be the year of ME.

This will be the year of Lisa. This is the year I will write, submit, and be published, the year I will believe I am worthy of being published. This is the year I will get into shape; physically and mentally. This is the year I will shed the sloth and allow a confident beautiful interesting woman to emerge. This is the year I will let my inner child come out and play - a lot. This is the year my stomach will be flat, my arms will be tone, my butt will be firm. This is the year I will slowly shed bad habits and slowly develop good ones (baby steps!). This is the year I will stop wasting precious life energy pining for love and attention; if I give myself love and attention it will follow from others. This is the year I stop worrying about things I have no control over. This is the year I will take long walks for the joy of it. This is the year I will have fewer headaches and less pain. This is the year of living simply because I want to rather than out of necessity.

This is the year of the blue moon, the year of the mermaid, the year of magic, the year of believing, the year of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unchecking Boxes

The Thing About Grief

8 Haunted Places in Central Florida You Didn't Know About!