Soul Mate

Why is soul mate two words? Shouldn't it be one? I was flipping through my bible this morning -- "One Word, Two Words, Hyphenated?" -- and soul mate jumped out at me. I think I will make an executive decision and change it hereafter to one -- soulmate. Doesn't that look better?

Do you remember the mazes for little kids with more than one path that led to the same endpoint? I can't help but wonder if our lives are that way. I divorced my husband but then remarried him two years later; if we would have stayed married would I still be in this same house in this same town wearing these same fuzzy slippers right now? Or would I still be stuck in Orlando, miserable and lonely?

It's interesting to reflect back on your life and wonder if I had only followed that path, if I had only taken that job, if I had only gone back to school...would it even matter? Maybe we are predestined to arrive at certain key points in our lives no matter what path we choose to get there.

If this is true think of the possibilities. We can sit back and relax! Do our jobs, enjoy our families, explore the world, all the while knowing we're just along for the ride. Wherever we're going is destiny so just let it happen. Be at peace, and enjoy your life!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unchecking Boxes

The Thing About Grief

8 Haunted Places in Central Florida You Didn't Know About!