Doin' it in the Shower

Water is my thing. I want to be a mermaid in my next life. I love to light a bunch of candles and relax in a bubblebath, reading a book and sipping wine. The other night I was so in to a book I soaked for three hours! I emerged wrinkled and pink but happily relaxed.

I never gave showers much credit till I realized I was getting inspiration for stories and plot ideas when standing under the waterfall in my shower. I have always "spaced out" when taking a shower, getting so lost in thought I would sometimes emerge without rinsing the conditioner from my hair or maybe shaving one leg and forgetting the other. Fairly often I find myself jumping back in to finish the job.

Since embarking on my journey as a writer I no longer dismiss shower time as lost time. I was washing my hair when the idea for my flash fiction story "Southern Holiday" came to me. Another day and another shower I was inspired with the rough plot for my novel that is my current work in progress. Yesterday I was struggling with a scene so I decided to take a shower. Voila'! Problem solved!

As long as I can manage my water bill I have discovered an eternal source of inspiration. I'm always shiny and clean, too.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unchecking Boxes

The Thing About Grief

8 Haunted Places in Central Florida You Didn't Know About!